Sunset Experience Tour
Our exclusive Sunset Tour gives you the opportunity to walk amongst the Australian sea lions in their colony in the early evening as the sun sets the beach in golden light.
You will be the only group in the colony at this magical time of day, with ample time to wander the Park at leisure with your experienced guide and soak in the atmosphere in the bedroom of one of the rarest seals on earth.
Availability: Daily - subject to staff availability
Touring Dates & Times:
South Australia (SA) Daylight Savings Time (Sun 6th October to Fri 13th December 2019 and Mon 27th January to Sun 05th April 2020)
Tour starts at 5.00pm and will finish at 6.45pm
SA Summer School Holiday Period (Sat 15th December 2019 – Sun 26th January 2020)
Tour starts at 6.00pm and will finish at 7.45pm
Number of participants: Maximum 12 people
Duration of Tour:1 hour & 45 minutes
Please be at the Visitor Centre 15 minutes before tour commencement
Considerations: This tour does involve a steep hill, approximately 40 stairs and walking on soft sand. Please discuss this with us if you think it could be problematic for anyone in your group.
*Infants (0-3 years) are free of charge
How to secure your booking:
Bookings for this tour are essential, if you would like to book please contact one of our team on (08) 8553 4460 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the below information:
- Credit card details (VISA or Mastercard only)
- Requested date of tour
- Number of people and ticket type per person
- Australian contact number and/or email (please note reception is limited on the island)
- Pre-payment by credit card is required to secure your booking.
- This tour cannot be used in conjunction with a Kangaroo Island Parks Pass.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear based on weather forecasts.
- The gates for Seal Bay will be locked at either 5.00pm (or 6.00pm during SA Summer School Holidays). If you arrive after this time you will miss the tour (gates are 2km away from Visitor Centre) and you will not be refunded. Please ensure you arrive at Seal Bay Visitor Centre with plenty of time to commence the tour (recommend 15 minutes before scheduled tour time).
- Cancellations by a customer require a minimum of 5 days’ notice for a full refund. Cancellations shorter than this period will not be refunded. If a refund is authorised it will be processed within 28 days of tour date.
- Management reserve the right to cancel tours for safety reasons at any time. Cancellations may occur due to Total Fire Ban days, extreme weather or other conditions outside of the park’s control. You will be notified if this is to occur and will be invited to reschedule or refunded in full.
- The Department for Environment and Water will not be responsible for any injuries or damage suffered unless the injury or damage was a direct result of the Department for Environment and Water’s negligent act or omission.
- Participants must follow all instructions given by Seal Bay guides for safety and animal welfare reasons.